Skin Instant® Lab
This is a skin analysis system designed to take an in-depth snapshot of your skin and monitor changes over time. This allows us to diagnose your skin and customize a skincare and a skin treatments plan for you.
Skin Instant® Lab consists of five probes connected to a computer equipped with diagnosis and analysis software specially developed by Biologique Recherche. The probes are used to gather measurements to determine:
- Moisture Content, measured by Corneometry (skin hydration)
- Insensible Water Loss (IWL) also known as Transepidermal Water Loss (TRWL), the measure of the efficiency of the lipid barrier
- Skin Elasticity or the skin’s ability to regain its original shape after distortion, measured by cutometry
- Skin Melanin Index, an “absorption” measurement to monitor changes in pigmentation marks
- Sebum Content, measured by photometry.